SingularCore DocsRead Manual
1. How much time is required to setup UseResponse? (top)
It takes about 15 minutes of your time to install the system using built in Installer. Follow instructions in documentation on Installation Manual page.
Note: System installation and configuration doesn't require any skills in development!
2. How are you different from competitors? (top)
We tried to take all strong features of existing systems and incorporated them into ours. The main advantages of our feedback software are:
- We are the only quality feedback software that can be installed on your server;
- System is 100% customizable and very flexible;
- You control and own all the data as UseResponse is on your server;
- No need to share private information, data, credentials with any service;
- Only pay 1-time fee - no monthly payments or hidden costs.
Any user can find a long list of other advantages that will be individual to company specifics.
3. How to keep system up-to-date? Is it easy? (top)
With built-in Auto-Updater you don't need to spend time on keeping system fresh, functional and with new features inside all the time. Available from 1.1 release!
You can also update UseResponse manually from archive with instructions inside, if you have any customizations in core and worried about loosing them.
4. Is it cost-effective purchasing your solution? (top)
Let's calculate! Average plan at SaaS costs about $35/month, so you spend more than $400/year and you pay all the time as there is no way to change the feedback service provider without loosing all data.
With us you'll pay one-time fee and you shouldn't be worried about any other payments that will worth for less than a year! And you'll stay with this software for life-time without worries about having to pay more and more.
A big plus is that you get All Features with Corporate package as if you've used Ultimate SaaS plan for $800/month.
5. What I get after purchasing Corporate Package? (top)
Right after purchase you get access into our community system with activated license at License Manager page. You should download scripts in archive, change domain name and generate license that is required to upload while installation process.
You also get 1 year of free updates and support. Further updates will be provided on subscription basis and will cost 50% of the initial cost per year.
1. What is application programming language? (top)
We use PHP and Zend Framework as a basis as it provides variety of tools that is required for quick and flexible development.
Based on Zend Framework we've built open-source engine - SingularCore, that can be downloaded for free. This engine is a perfect instrument to build products like UseResponse.
2. Do I get all source codes open and unencoded? (top)
All source code is 100% customizable and not encoded in commercial packages. Free version requires Zend Guard Loder to protect code, but free package could be customized with localization, modules, themes.
More information available in the discussion.
3. Is your system scalable in UI, languages, modules? (top)
You'll be surprised how flexible and scalable system is with Themes, Modules and Localization.
- Themes - allows you to create your own or change default one to match your website UI;
- Modules - as system is modular, you can built any module on your own or customize existing ones to expand functionality and integrate any feature you are interested in;
- Localization - you can add your own language and translate interface with built-in interface. A big advantage is that you can change naming of any word or expression if you have specifics in your company or business.
Also, you have SingularCore open-source engine at your disposal to change anything inside if you need more complicated modifications.
4. How can I expand standard functionality? (top)
We have Extras area where any user can publish modules, tools, localizations or themes.
They could be either free or commercial, so you can try to find already available languages added by community or download provided themes if you feel that it will meet your website interface.
Available since April 2012!
1. Can I install system on several URL's? (top)
According to License Agreement that you accept when installing the system, you are not allowed to install UseResponse on several urls.
If you want to use UR for different websites, you should purchase each copy of UR for each website or place widgets wherever you want to accumulate feedback in one community.
2. Do you offer free package? (top)
Yes, we offer free package for any type of companies and organizations.
There are some limitations:
- Support is provided with lower priority in comparison to paid customers;
- You won't be able to customize the code except themes and languages;
- You won't have ability to remove branding from the bottom of pages.
With limited functionality in comparison to commercial packages you'll get absolutely free feedback system.
3. Can I brand your product as our own? (top)
No. You are not allowed to brand product as your own. You are also not allowed to resell it. But you can offer it to your clients and charge for additional services like customization, localization, etc.
All should be aware that they are purchasing using UseResponse unless Branding Removal is purchased. It doesn't mean that system could be whitelabeled!
4. How can I remove your branding from the footer? (top)
If you don't want our logos to be shown in footer or pop-up windows, you can purchase branding removal. That way you can put your logos or leave it blank. When purchased, you need to regenerate your license and update it to your server.
5. What's the difference between Free and Corporate packages? (top)
Comparison table of differences is provided on Pricing page or License Manager under your profile.
6. What does support and upgrades includes? (top)
Corporate package include free upgrades on all releases during 1 year. With the help of Our Community you can post your feedback and we provide response, solution or reply to your question during 24 hours, but normally during first 6 hours.
We understand that your system is public so we take all reasonable actions to fix the problem quickly if any critical one exists.
7. Can I get discount or resell your product? (top)
Sorry, but we don't provide any discounts on our product as in comparison to competitors you'll save a lot by using self-hosted solution.
You can't resell UseResponse, but if you'd like to, you can recommend it to your friends, business partners and we can include you in the list of our contributors with benefits to get access to our early releases and extras inside product.
1. Is it possible to get 30 days online demo license ? (top)
We provide users with 15 days demo that is hosted on our server with already test data inside.
You get Administrator access and can use all features of the product. You can also customize widget and integrate it in any page at your website by copy/pasting the code, so you'll check how it works.
By creating demo you need to activate it first and then you get the link with credentials in email.
2. Does your demo contain all the modules? (top)
Almost all of the modules are in the demo, except Chat but you can't install any extras there.
3. Can I transfer my data from demo when it's expired? (top)
After your demo is expired, and you want to save your localization, or any data that you've entered during test period, please send us request email@example.com and we'll provide you backup of your trial system.
Note: You have only 5 days period for us to provide you with trial data. You should also have purchased license in order for us to give you demo backup.
4. How can I get a test copy of your software to be installed on my server? (top)
We understand that everybody wants to look what's inside and see scripts that you are going to purchase to make decision, but we don't give access to source code until the license is purchased.
You always have 30 days money back period and we'll provide refund no questions asked!
1. What is installation URL. Can I change it anytime? (top)
Installation URL is url where your UseResponse will be located - in other words address in browser. You don't need to put the whole url there - just state your main domain (without sub-domains, folders or www).
To install it on local machine, just use the part of installation url as a dev link.
You can change url at License Manager during 30 days period. If that period is not enough for you, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do it for you.
2. Can I have the system installed/upgraded by your company? (top)
It's pretty easy to install system with built-in installer, but if you have any problems with it or don't want to spend time, just order installation/upgrade credit and we'll do it for you.
You just need to create database, username with all privileges to database, and provide us access to it along with FTP access. All that information should be entered in your License Manager in relative form.